(3- to 3-1/2-pound) boneless pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
large sweet potatoes, peeled, if desired, and cut into large chunks
tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In Dutch oven or 5-quart heavy ovenproof saucepan, combine soup mix, 1-1/2 cups water, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger; add roast.
2. Cover and bake 1 hour 45 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and bake covered, an additional 45 minutes or until beef and potatoes are tender.
4. Remove roast and potatoes to serving platter and keep warm; reserve juices.
5. In small cup, with wire whisk, blend remaining 3 tablespoons water and flour. In same Dutch oven, add flour mixture to reserved juices. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Serve with roast and potatoes.
Slow Cooker Method
In slow cooker, add potatoes, then roast. Combine soup mix, water, soy sauce, sugar and ginger; pour over roast. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and potatoes to serving platter. Blend remaining water with flour and stir into juices in slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.